Our Gallery Patrons’ Circle was established in November 2017 to mark the tenth anniversary since the opening of The Exchange in Penzance and the re-opening of Newlyn Art Gallery and is for people who love and want to support contemporary art in the South West. More than 40 Patrons: artists, collectors, philanthropists and enthusiasts from Cornwall and beyond, now enjoy a close connection to the gallery through regular social and cultural events.
Gallery Patrons – in addition to all the benefits that Gallery Supporters enjoy – are invited to:
- An annual Patrons’ Dinner in February at the beginning of the gallery year
- Regular Artists’ Suppers following exhibition opening events.
- Patrons’ special previews to exhibitions preceding the public opening, including a personal tour of the exhibition by the artist or curator.
- Special events throughout the year – for example, invitations to attend Patrons’ receptions at Tate Modern with us, or visits to other galleries out of Cornwall.
- Patrons are also advised of advance opportunities to buy commissioned and limited edition artwork.
Patrons’ subscriptions underpin ambitious programming and social engagement that may not otherwise happen, or only in a diminished form.
A Gallery Patron’s subscription is £250 pa (£20 pm) or £400 pa per couple (£33 pm)
With thanks to 2018-19 Patrons
Charles Hancock, President of Newlyn Art Gallery & The Exchange Patrons’ Circle