Privacy, Policies & Legal
CREATIVE CASE FOR DIVERSITY
View or download as a PDF Creative Case for Diversity Report April 2020
Newlyn Art Gallery & The Exchange cares about its long-term relationships with all visitors, participants and supporters and under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we have a legal duty to treat your data lawfully, fairly and transparently.
We will protect any personal data we collect from you, be explicit about what purposes we are using it for and make it easy for you to be in charge of your own data.
What personal data do we collect about you?
Personal data refers to any information relating to a person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by it.
We may collect name, address and postcode, email address or phone number, and in the case of financial transactions, bank and payment card details, purchase details and record of donations.
We collect personal information you have given us when you:
- sign up to our email bulletin; complete visitor surveys; participate in competitions; offer feedback or comments;
- make a donation; allow us to claim Gift Aid; subscribe to become a Gallery Supporter or Patron; purchase items from our ebay shop or art work from the Gallery; join our Student or Collaborators groups or sign up to participate in events or buy tickets;
- become a gallery Volunteer; apply for a residency, a job or other opportunity; become an employee or contractor.
We also collect information about your interactions with us:
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for social media and messaging services, you might give us permission to access information from those accounts or services. When we send you a mailing, we keep a record of this, and in the case of emails, we keep a record of which you have opened or links you have clicked on.
To understand the background of those who support us, we may compile additional information about you that is publically available, for example, listed Directorships.
Why and how does Newlyn Art Gallery & the Exchange use this personal information
There are three legal bases under which we will process your data
- Contract purposes – for instance, when you make a purchase or a donation, you are entering a contract with us. In order to perform the contract, we need to store and process your information, for example, we may need to keep your email to check arrival of posted item.
- Legitimate interest – in certain situations, we may collect your information for purposes that are in the business interests of the gallery or you. For example, if you are an artist that uses a personal email address, we may keep it in order to contact you professionally.
- With your consent – for any situation where the two bases above are not appropriate, we will ask for your explicit consent before collecting that information.
Newlyn Art Gallery & The Exchange is a registered charity which relies on its supporters to help spread the word about its work, help it get better at what it does and to support the gallery by giving time or financial support. With your consent, we may use the information you provide to:
- Contact you about forthcoming programming, events or services we think may be of interest to you
- Inform our future programming, improve our service and occasionally report to stakeholders, like funders, as required. In this instance, data is anonymised.
- If you consent, we will let you know about our fundraising activities.
- Understand the background of those who support us.
We will not share your personal data with external companies or bodies other than those selected or statutorily required to process our customers’ details, including:
HMRC Processing Gift Aid submissions
Charity Checkout Processing donations & subscriptions received
Eventbrite Processing ticket purchases
Arts Council England Funding requirements
In Touch Digital Managing email communication
Sage Processing of invoices
How will we protect your personal data
We will never sell your personal data, and we will not provide your personal data to another body for their marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
We will not hold unnecessary information about you and we will only hold necessary data on record for a set period in line with our Retention Schedule, for example, gift aid information should be held for 6 years.
We will do our best to protect your personal data by the use of network protection and encryption and physical security such as locked drop boxes and cabinets.
You have a right to request a copy of the data we hold about you. You may ask us to correct or remove data. It is your right to opt out at any time by using the unsubscribe option at the foot of every email bulletin, or by contacting us via the contact details below. We undertake to act on your request within one month of receipt.
Updated: May 2018
How to contact us
COPYRIGHT & INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
All copyright and intellectual property rights in this website are owned by Newlyn Art Gallery & The Exchange and other intellectual property rights holders. Where individual authors are credited, each asserts his or her moral right to be identified as the author of that material. Except when expressly indicated otherwise, none of the materials on the website may be republished or reproduced without permission. Permission is granted for such material to be viewed, stored, or printed as hard copy, for personal, non-commercial use only.
If you would like to discuss the reproduction of materials in this website, in terms of design, text, graphics, images and other materials please contact [email protected]
LINKS TO OTHER SITES
Newlyn Art Gallery & The Exchange provides links to other websites and these are provided for users convenience. We do not accept any responsibility for information contained in linked websites or liability arising from their use. We do not endorse or support the products or services offered by these links and we cannot guarantee that these links will work at all times.
Newlyn Art Gallery & The Exchange will make reasonable efforts to ensure that the information contained within this website is correct and up to date, but we cannot accept any liability for any inaccuracies or omissions. If you have any queries with regard to content on this website please contact [email protected]
Newlyn Art Gallery & The Exchange does not accept liability for any loss, damage or inconvenience that occurs as a result of using this website or any reliance upon its content.
ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION
2017 Newlyn Art Gallery DRAFT Articles
Newlyn Art Gallery Ltd, registered address: New Road, Newlyn TR18 5PZ
Limited Company Reg. Cardiff No. 1310070 VAT No. 133 1322 23 Educational Charity No. 273785