We are looking for an in-house bookkeeper to join our team as a Finance Officer, working 4 to 5 days per week.
You will need to be reliable, competent, experienced, and enthusiastic about working for an arts organisation. You will support the Finance Manager and be responsible for timely reconciliation of bank accounts, end of month processes, produce reports for budget holders and assist with VAT, payroll and other financial areas as per the job outline (below). You will need solid bookkeeping skills.
Deadline for applications: 12 noon, Thu 30 Jun 2022.
Interviews: Wed 6 Jul in the afternoon.
For more information about Newlyn Art Gallery & The Exchange, see About Us
Salary: Band 5 scale point 17 £21,680 – scale point 23 £25,887
(pro rata, eg 4 days/30 hrs per week £17,344 – £20,710)
Employment term: Permanent, part time
Days / hrs of work: 30 – 37.5 hours per week, usually between Monday and Friday
Line Manager: Finance Manager
Location: The Exchange, Penzance, but may occasionally need to work at Newlyn Art Gallery.
A blend of office-based and working from home is possible.
PURPOSE OF THE FINANCE OFFICER:
Newlyn Art Gallery & The Exchange operates across two venues, with a busy exhibition and events programme. This role is crucial to the effective and efficient running of the organisation, ensuring that we can fulfil our mission, and that we keep accurate financial records.
The key task of the Finance Officer is to ensure our financial records are accurate and up to date. This includes ensuring that services, contracts, and insurances are maintained and cost efficient, and that contractors are engaged in an efficient and organised way, in line with financial regulations. This role will also have significant finance responsibilities, mainly in the form of bookkeeping. This role is ideal if you are looking for a finance-based position in a vibrant creative organisation, working within a friendly and supportive team of people.
THE JOB OF FINANCE OFFICER INVOLVES:
To work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure accurate financial information is produced in a timely manner. Management accounts and budget holder reports are produced monthly.
Key components of this are:
- Data entry of supplier invoices using the AutoEntry app, invoicing of customers, reconciliation of bank accounts, and maintaining related files, and preparing payments to suppliers.
- Communicating with suppliers and reconciling supplier statements
- Banking of cash takings.
- Liaising with budget holders as required about reports and providing general support.
- Processing of payroll information to our payroll bureau and entering related information into our Sage 50 Accounts general ledger and maintaining personnel records.
- Assisting the Finance Manager on management accounts, VAT, year-end financial accounts, budgets and other more complex finance areas as directed.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Has a process-led approach and enjoys working with accounts and numbers. (E)
- Has excellent attention to detail, great organisational skills and manages their time effectively to meet deadlines. (E)
- Has good communication skills. (E)
- Is able to work well in a small team of people and also. work independently, with support where required (E)
- Is a quick learner (E)
- Has previous bookkeeping experience. (E)
- Has good administrative skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
- Strong understanding of accounting/bookkeeping generally and has experience of accounting software – Sage 50Cloud Accounts preferred.
- Has a positive attitude to the work of Newlyn Art Gallery & The Exchange and is enthusiastic about the ability of the arts to inspire, delight and bring about positive change. (D)
E – Essential – We expect all applicants to demonstrate these to make it to the interview shortlist
D – Desirable – Demonstrating these would significantly strengthen your application
View JOB OUTLINE as a PDF
Please complete the application form and equal opportunities form and return to [email protected] by 12 noon on 30 JUN