20 Feb 2023
11:00 — 13:45
Online & The Engine Room, The Exchange
This event is for existing Engage members as well as those who want to find out more about Engage and join the network, or non-members who want to hear from the speakers.
JOIN US FOR THE FIRST ENGAGE SOUTH WEST AREA MEET-UP SINCE THE PANDEMIC!
This is a peer-learning event, sharing exciting and interesting practice in the SW region. Rather than presenting on resounding successes, the focus will lie on the things that go wrong or have presented a challenge, and the learning that followed.
Invited speakers from across the region, from Yeovil to Penzance and the Scilly Isles, from Cheltenham to Bristol, Exeter and Plymouth, and will share with you in a series of quick-fire presentations, how they adapt and learn in the face of adversity.
Confirmed speakers include:
- John Whall
Digital Participation Artist, Curator and Producer, and Participation and Outreach Lead at Metro Boulot Dodo. John is speaking as Special Interest Representative for Digital at Engage.
- Laura Woodfield
Producer, Public Programmes at We The Curious in Bristol
- Sarah Bowden
Research Fellow and Director at Hardwick Gallery, University of Gloucestershire
- Nikita Brown
Engagement Officer at the Royal Albert Memorial Museum & Art Gallery in Exeter
- Natasha Rand
Engagement Producer at Yeovil Arts Space
Flock South West is a contemporary art production agency based in Plymouth, UK
The event will be framed by a broader conversation around your needs as art professionals working in the South West and there will be opportunity to share your concerns and wants with your peers and meet the Engage South West Area reps and others working in the region.
This event is for existing Engage members as well as those who want to find out more about Engage, join the network or simply want to hear from our speakers. All four South West Area Reps will attend in person.
- Booking is essential, via Eventbrite.
- Engage Area Group meetings are free for members, but booking is required.
- Non-members pay a small £5 fee to attend these events.
- If you or your organisation need to pay by invoice for the event, please email [email protected] by writing ‘pay by invoice: ‘South West Area Meeting’ in the subject.
- This is a blended event. You can join in person or via Zoom.
- The Exchange is fully accessible for wheelchair users.
Please let us know in the booking form about any additional access requirements that you may have.
- Refreshments for in person participants are provided and included in the ticket.
Please let us know of your dietary requirements in the booking form.
- South West Area Rep: Bettina Wenzel