11 Nov 2017
19.00 – 22.30
A special gala dinner to celebrate the tenth anniversary of the opening of The Exchange and the redevelopment of Newlyn Art Gallery. We will also be marking the outstanding service of Charles Hancock, as a Trustee and Chairman of the gallery for more than 25 years, who will launch a new Gallery Patrons scheme as part of our Power Of Ten fundraising campaign.
Your host will be Daphne Skinnard of BBC Radio Cornwall, and guest speaker Hew Locke.
(See Read More below for further details and menu)
TICKETS & BOOKING
- Early bird £60
Early bird with Supporters’ discount £54
- Standard £65
Standard with Supporters’ discount £58.50
- Table of ten £540
Table of ten with Supporters’ Discount £486
- Booking essential via Eventbrite
ON THE NIGHT
19.00 Champagne reception, music and welcome from host Daphne Skinnard
19.30 Three-course seasonal menu, accompanied by wine, prepared by award-winning chef Ryan Venning of Little Gem.
21.00 Guest speaker: Hew Locke
Hew has exhibited at Tate Britain, Tate Modern, the British Art Show and in biennials around the world. For the Folkstone Triennial in 2011 he created For those in Peril on the Sea; 70 model boats were suspended as a flotilla in a church. He recently returned from the Diaspora Pavilion at the Venice Biennale.
21.30 Response by Charles Hancock, retiring Chairman of Newlyn Art Gallery & The Exchange
Dress code: Lounge suits
- Braised Squid & Chorizo Stew, with Chilli, Capers, Chard & Butter Beans
- Roasted Fig & Goat's Cheese Tart, with Orange & Honey Buttered Kohlrabi, Gruyere & Spiced Nuts (v)
- Smoked Beef Brisket, with Roasted Jerusalem Artichokes, Braised Red Cabbage, Green Beans & Peppercorn Jus
- Mushroom & Tarragon Pappardelle, with Herbed Creme Fraiche, Parmesan & Truffle oil (v)
- Autumnal Pavlova, with Roasted Spiced Figs, Chantilly Cream & Berry Compote (v)
- Chocolate Mud Cake, with Blood Orange Espuma, Espresso Ice Cream & Brownie Crumbs (v)
Please book your place, and make your menu selections via eventbrite