VACANCY: RETAIL & FRONT OF HOUSE OFFICER
SALARY Band 4 [£19,076.90 – £21,471.22 pro rata]
EMPLOYMENT TERM Permanent, part-time
DAYS / HRS OF WORK 15 hours a week, Tuesday & Saturday
LINE MANAGER Operations Manager
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
9AM WED, 2 FEB 2022
FRI, 4 FEB 2022 (interviews will be held during the morning.)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
We are looking for a people-person; with great organisational skills, who is able to work with a diverse team of volunteers and carry out a varied workload with a positive, can-do attitude.
The Retail & Front of House Officer will work with the Operations team to ensure every visitor has an engaging and positive experience. They will act as a day manager for the venue on the days they work; co-ordinating volunteers and being responsible for the safety and security of visitors, the building, and the artworks.
In addition, the role will have a strong focus on e-commerce; maintaining the online shop, uploading stock items, photographing items when required, and ensuring that orders are fulfilled promptly and with care.
You will also maintain the gallery shop social media accounts, uploading the stock catalogue to Facebook, and tagging products etc. You will work closely with the Marketing & Comms Manager and the Digital Producer to devise a Social Media plan, and to create engaging content. You will also help create a monthly shop e-newsletter.
The role of Retail & Front of House officer involves:
- Responsibility for the e-commerce website (WooCommerce) and associated social media accounts (Facebook Shops and Instagram)
- Day Manager tasks and key holder responsibilities
- Supporting and co-ordinating the Volunteer team
- Ensuring the delivery of excellent customer service
- Admin support for retail and FoH.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has experience of e-commerce, Facebook Shops, and general retail
- Is people-focused and enjoys working in a practical, hands-on manner
- Has excellent communication skills
- Has excellent administrative skills and a good knowledge of Microsoft Office, WordPress, and epos software
- Is able to work independently
- Has a positive attitude to the work of Newlyn Art Gallery & The Exchange
and is enthusiastic about the ability of the arts to inspire, delight and bring about positive change
- Has an interest in contemporary art
To apply for this job, please complete the application form and EO form, linked below, and return them to [email protected] by 9AM WED, 2 FEB 2022
Interviews will take place on the morning on Fri 4 Feb. If you are selected for interview, we will contact you on Wednesday or Thursday with a time for your interview. Please ensure that you provide a contact number so that we may reach you.
If you have any questions abou the role, please email [email protected]