Finance & Facilities Officer
Job Title Finance & Facilities Officer
Salary Band 5 £20,315 – £24,257 (pro rata £16,252 – £19,405)
Employment term Permanent, part time
Days / hrs of work 30 hours per week, usually Monday to Friday
Line Manager Finance Manager
Location The Exchange, Penzance, but occasionally at Newlyn Art Gallery
Purpose of the Finance & Facilties Officer :
This new role is crucial to the effective and efficient running of the organisation, ensuring that we are able to fulfil our mission, and our visitors, staff, volunteers, exhibiting artists, funders and everyone we interact with on a daily basis, enjoy positive experiences with us.
The Finance & Facilities Officer will be line managed by the Finance Manager to ensure our financial records are accurate and up to date, but will also work closely with the Visitor Experience Manager to support the smooth running of the facilities at both our venues.
Their duties will include ensuring that services, contracts and insurances are maintained and cost efficient, that contractors are engaged in an efficient and organised way, and that Health and Safety standards are maintained and monitored. This role will also have significant finance responsibilities, mainly in the form of bookkeeping. It is envisaged that the role will average two days per week bookkeeping and two days per week facilities management.
The role is ideal if you are looking for a varied job in a vibrant creative organisation, working within a friendly and supportive team of people.
To summarise, the job of Finance & Facilities Officer involves:
The main aim of this part of the role is to work closely with the Finance Manager to ensure accurate financial information is produced in a timely manner
Key duties include:
- Data entry of supplier invoices, invoicing of customers, reconciliation of bank accounts and maintaining related files
- Communicating with suppliers and reconciling supplier statements
- Liaising with budget holders as required about reports and providing general support
- Processing of payroll information to our payroll bureau and entering related information into our Sage 50 Accounts general ledger
- Assisting the Finance Manager on management accounts, VAT, year-end financial accounts, and other more complex finance areas as directed
Key duties include:
- Working closely with the Visitor Experience team to ensure the facilities are fit for use, and adhere to Health and Safety standards
- Managing the cleaning strategy and caretakers for the two buildings
- Comparison and renewal of our current contracts including all utilities, insurance, IT and telephony support, security and fire contracts, and air-handling and heating contracts
- Ensuring a structure is in place for the general maintenance of our buildings and integrated equipment
- Communicating with the property management company and tenants at The Exchange.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a process-led approach and enjoys working in a practical, hands-on way (E)
- Has excellent attention to detail, great organisational skills and manages their time effectively to meet deadlines (E)
- Has good communication skills (E)
- Has good administrative skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office (E)
- Is able to work independently, with support where required. (E)
- Is able to work well in a small team of people. (E)
- Is a quick learner (E)
- Has previous bookkeeping experience. (D)
- Has a positive attitude to the work of Newlyn Art Gallery & The Exchange and is enthusiastic about the ability of the arts to inspire, delight and bring about positive change. (D)
E – Essential – We expect all applicants to demonstrate these to make it to the interview shortlist
D – Desirable – Demonstrating these would significantly strengthen your application
To apply for this job, please complete a JOB APPLICATION FORM, and email it to [email protected] with Finance & Facilities Officer in the subect line, or post to Sian Kennedy, The Exchange, Princes Street, Penzance TR18 2NL
Deadline for applications 17.00 on Thu 20 Feb
Interviews will be held in Penzance on Thu 27 & Fri 28 Feb