VACANCY : EXHIBITION HOSTS
We are looking for Exhibition Hosts to work across both our venues to support us in delivering exhibitions using works from the Arts Council Collection of more than 8,000 works including paintings, sculptures, prints and moving images, as part of its National Partners Programme.
For most of the time, Exhibition Hosts are based in the exhibition spaces, offering a warm and friendly welcome to our visitors. We are looking for applicants with excellent people skills. You’ll need to be able to read people well, be a great listener and have an instinct about when a visitor wants to be approached and when they just want space.
It would be great if you are already enthusiastic about contemporary art, but it’s much more important that you are confident in meeting and talking with people. We’ll support you in learning about the exhibitions and events we present. We are interested in your potential above all, not qualifications and previous experience. It’s also important that you are vigilant. One of your key responsibilities will be to make sure the art on show is safe and that our visitors are too.
- Job Title : Exhibition Host
- Salary : £17,500 pro rata
- Employment term : Part-time, fixed-term contract to 8 Jan 2022
- Days / hrs of work : 22.5 hours per week, usually three full days or six half days, including Saturdays, by agreement, typically 9:30am – 5:30pm. (Exact working days and hours to be agreed at offer of employment.)
- Line Manager: Programme Curator / Deputy Director
For more details see Exhibition Host Role
For more details about us see About Us
- Application Deadline : 17.00, MON 18 OCT 2021
- Interview Date : Interviews will be held on THU 21 OCT
- Start Date : From SAT 23 OCT (we appreciate that some successful applicants may need longer before they can begin).
For more information, or for an informal chat about this position, please contact Blair Todd [email protected] or call 0785 229 6692 (during office hours)
Good luck with your application.