22 Mar — 27 Apr 2019
The Engine Room, The Exchange
Our annual competition for secondary school students from across the county. This year’s theme is flora.
There are three age categories [11 -13], [14-16] and [17-19] and a special prize, The Visitors’ Vote, which is awarded at the end of the exhibition to the artist whose work received the most votes from the public, so please come in, see the work and vote for your favourite.
This year we had a total of 263 pieces submitting, with 136 shortlisted for display. See Read More for the names of the winners in each category.
The prize winners in each category are:
Age 11 – 13
- 1 Finlay Stuart from Fowey River Academy with Ceramic Tile
- 2 Mikey Wilton from Richard Lander School with Stained Glass
- 3 Lucy Fripp from Richard Lander School with Acrylic on Card
Age 14 – 16
- 1 Dillon Attunes from Richard Lander School with Plant & Denim Sculpture
- 2 Tam Old from Mount’s Bay Academy with Digital Print
- 3 Charlotte Jane Smalley from Penwith College with 3D Drawing
Age 17 – 19
- 1 Frankie Morley from Helston Community College with Photograph
- 2 Otto Autumn Norris from Helston Community College with Clay Figure & Pots
- 3 Matilda Black from Penwith College with Screen printed fabric dress
There is one more prize to be awarded, The Visitors’ Vote, which will be awarded at the end of the exhibition to the artist whose work received the most votes from the public, so please come in, see the work and vote for your favourite.
Venue: The Engine Room, The Exchange
Find on Map
Closed: Currently closed as a temporary measure
23 Mar - 15 Jun 2019Newlyn Art Gallery
GÄA: HOLISTIC SCIENCE AND WISDOM TRADITION
16 Feb - 18 May 2019The Exchange