24 Apr 2017
We have partnered with the Crafts Council to bring two professional practice workshops for makers.
Business visioning and marketing & Social Media strategy: How do I grow my creative business?
13.30 – 17.30 at The Exchange, £25 (£5 discount available)
Looking to turn your creativity into a sustainable business? Looking for advice on how to structure a business? Looking for advice on how to manage pricing and finances? Looking for advice on how to market your business through press and social media?
Why should you attend?
- Find out about how to visualise a business out of your making, from ideas to commercial products, to reaching your market
- Get direct and professional advice from Crafts Council on earning money from your creativity
- An introduction to marketing, social media and branding how to set up a marketing plan.
Who is speaking?
- Crafts Council Talent Development Manager, with a wealth of experience in working in the arts and working to support the business and creative development of artists and makers from amateurs to established professionals.
- Experienced makers offering their wealth of experience and knowledge to support you and your creative business.
What is on offer?
- Top tips on business planning and structuring a business
- Top tips with simple administration and managing budgets, and an introduction to funding options
- Top tips on how to visualise and structure a brand identity and how you can apply this to marketing and social media
- A sample of your work (or material sample), this should be an object that you do not mind being handled and easily transportable (ideally no bigger than 15cm in diameter)
- A digital device with an accessible series/portfolio of images of your work (please do not rely on Internet connection!!!)
- and/or a quality printed piece of marketing material showcasing your work (e.g. printed postcard, catalogue, brochure)
What refreshments are provided on the day?
Tea and coffee will be provided at the start of the session and during the afternoon break.
Book now: Just £25 **£5 Discount available to Crafts Council Directory makers, please email for more info**
Book both workshops for £40 using code TEXCPD to receive £5 discount on each workshop order.
Business Visioning workshop is part of a series of workshops and events designed by the Crafts Council to provide makers with skills to export and promote their work successfully