VACANCY: GARDEN CAFE BARISTA
GARDEN CAFÉ BARISTA
Responsible to: Visitor Experience Manager
Rate: TBC depending on age and experience.
Core hours: We are expecting the candidate to work Wed-Sat, from 09:30-17:00 each day, approximately 30 hours per week and to be available for occasional evening and weekend shifts. This is a zero-hours contract.
The Garden Café at Newlyn Art Gallery is a calm and tranquil space that provides a social hub at the heart of a public art gallery in Newlyn. The café barista will be the face of the organisation, providing excellent customer service and must be up to date on current exhibitions and forthcoming events.
You will be part of a small team and responsible for maintaining the smooth running of the Garden Café. As the gallery’s Catering Manager is not based at this site, this role comes with heightened responsibilities.
MAIN ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Setting up and managing the café each day.
- Ensuring high levels of customer services are maintained at all times.
- Attending team, front of house and staff meetings as appropriate.
- Willingness to attend training as appropriate.
- Ensuring high levels of cleanliness and hygiene are maintained.
- Maintaining excellent levels of communications with the rest of the team and the Visitor Experience Manager.
- Being responsible for cleaning the café area and completion of daily health & safety records.
- Being responsible for finance – SumUp till system.
- Being responsible for stock management – ordering, storage of food, beverages and cleaning products.
- Being aware of Licensing laws – ensure you are aware of Newlyn Art Gallery’s licensing restrictions.
- Being aware of laws of sale of alcohol.
- Being responsible for the smooth running of the café during events.
Please send your completed application form and Equal Opportunities Monitoring form to [email protected]
DATES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE, DEPENDING ON WHEN WE CAN REOPEN
The deadline for applications is 09.00 on MON 15 MAR
Interviews will take place on WED 17 MAR
With a view to the job starting on WED 24 MAR