21 Mar — 20 Apr 2018
The Engine Room, The Exchange
Encompassing work from schools and colleges from across the county, each year there is a particular theme or medium, with a judging panel of artists selecting the shortlist of works to be exhibited from hundreds of entries. This year’s theme is Blue. There are three age categories 11-13, 14-16, and 17-19 years old . Prize winners are announced at a preview of the show, while the visiting public are asked to vote for their favourite piece of work. The Visitors’ Vote Prize winner is announced on the last day of the show.
(See Read More for the list of winners)
This popular event has been an annual fixture in The Engine Room at The Exchange during the Easter holidays since 2010.
11-13 YEAR-OLD CATEGORY
- 1st Summer Blackford of Falmouth School
- 2nd Morta Volskyte of Redruth School
- 3rd Hanna Staff of Looe Community College
14-16 YEAR-OLD CATEGORY
- 1st Eifie Ward of Falmouth School
- 2nd Maddie Coulthard of Helston Community College
- 3rd Tegan Disley of Mount's Bay Academy
17-19 YEAR OLD CATEGORY
- 1st Jay Seamark of Falmouth School
- 2nd Chloe Thorne of Helston Community College
- 3rd place is Maddie Dickenson of Helston Community College
We had more work entered than ever before and we were absolutely blown away by the standard of work – so much so that the gallery’s curator has chosen eight 'artists to watch'. It was exceptionally hard for the judges to make their decisions, but we managed to get more work on the wall than in previous years – 86 pieces in total.
Don’t forget to vote for your favourite piece of work for the Visitors' Vote prize awarded at the end of the exhibition.